Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm proud to be in this team

Sorry if you think that this post is emotional or gay I don't really care.
I really want to let it all out and partly because I'm listening to friends forever, the song we sang together under the bridge for our very first set yesterday.

Other people often question or even mock at us.
Why the hell are we putting so much effort in a sport for? Why are you sacrificing so much? Are you crazy, why do you wake up so early during weekends?
And a few of us even went to the extreme and put too much priorities on the sport so much so that they neglect their studies.

But we should never blame these people who question us,
because none of them can feel what we experienced, the adrenaline rush when you're racing down seat by seat chasing other boats who are ahead. After late night training you still drag yourself to school the very next day. The hell day when the captains try their level best to break that big ego you brought in when you first join the team. Never can they feel all of this.

And the most memorable one I had so far, the part when we said glory is FOREVER.
I teared at the word "forever" there's nothing to be shy about. Because this is the first time I can hear from everyone's voice how much they really want it. I can tell from how tightly you guys gripped each other and that fire burning in each of your eyes.

I'm sorry that this year's Regatta have to end this way. But I've totally no regrets.
I told some of you this, we might lose the medals but we gained something much more valuable.
A simple and pure word, Bond or some of you may call it friendship.

I finally feel the pain of being a year 4.
That is I have to see people from my very first batch leave in front of my eyes yet I can't do anything about it.
If there's anything I can keep, I want time to stay after the debrief when we're all happily throwing the year threes high up in the air. I will never forget everyone of them.

I know most of you will be lost after today's race although we know our next goal is POLITE.
But from today till then it's going to be a long and tough journey. Let's try to keep as close to our promise as possible and train as hard as we can without complains.

Lastly I want to thank the people who came down who support us.
Good to see people like andreuw, nich, firdaus, kia, louis lee, faris, ky and alvin.

This year my regatta ended in a loop, I ran with nich on the side supporting RP all the way till the finishing buoy like how I did during my year 1 days. I remember that time I was running with my camera snapping pictures.
Good times good times.

I'm proud to be in this team.
goodnight.


1 comment:

Christo said...

I am Proud to be in this team as well! RPDB SA!